Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Piero Fornasetti.. Crazy.. but no April Fool


It's a lovely sunny day so I need to paint some walls in a room I am decorating. I really love the designs of Piero Fornasseti . He was a wacky Italian who put his designs onto everything. Wallpaper,furniture,plates,cushions,even knitwear. There is a Fornasetti jumper on Ebay which I have my eye on. I won't wear it...just keep it.
I think most designers can design anything and do cross over into many fields.
Interiors is another passion of mine and it crosses over into fashion, furniture, architecture. So I am inspired by this Italian because you can put any design you like onto knitwear because you are totally in control of the fabric you are creating. That is why it interests me. Maybe I am a control freak..:) Back to the room...I am having a wall of his wallpaper because he inspires me and I want to look at his crazy faces and laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...