Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Illustration

I was thinking I must make the effort to do more illustration. I did this one a while ago in photoshop and meant to do a series of them..haha. It's a Dior (well! John Galliano) dress from an old collection but I made it look really full by piecing bits of the skirt together. I think it took quite a while but I'm a geek when I'm focused on photoshop :) The dress is obviously taken from a photograph but the head and arms were drawn on. It's quite a strange way to do an illustration and a far cry from pen, paper, pantones and pencils . I would probably prefer to just draw in the old way but it's more challenging to try and capture something different with the incredible programmes we have today. Fashion illustration has really changed and embraced the new media.
The shoes look a bit dodgy...guess I need to change those . The dress was originally green but I changed the colour :) I really want to experiment with real drawing and computer manipulation combined.

3 comments:

  1. Gina , this is serioulsy cool and beautiful!! I am very interested in learning more and more about photshop, my boys are teaching me.
    have a great weekend
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bunny..I love your new site :) Well done you have some fabulous things in your shop. I hope everything is going well.
    Photoshop is great fun and very creative. I'm sure being a painter yourself you will love it once you get used to it. Illustrator is a good programme too :) How sweet your boys are teaching you.
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an illustration? Beautiful!!!

    Thanks, too, for checking out my blog! xLiz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...