Friday, 15 January 2010

Beatles to Bowie.


David Bowie by David Babington 1968
Mick Jagger and Anita Pallenberg on the set of Performance
by Cecil Beaton, 1968
The Who by Tony Frank 1965

Before Xmas I made a little trip with an old friend to the Beatles to Bowie exhibition at the National Portrait gallery.
The theme of the exhibition was the 60's and how the music and the photographs taken of pop stars such as The Beatles , the Rolling Stones , Jimi Hendrix , Marianne Faithful, The Who and David Bowie helped to create "Swinging London"
I enjoyed the photographs as there were many I hadn't seen before but I was more interested in the fashion aspect and how the clothes they wore in these photos created the look of the sixties. I'll be exploring this in more detail in my next blog. If you are interested in reading more about the exhibition click here..Beatles to Bowie

2 comments:

  1. Great photos eh what. Did you see the programme the other night on the photographer Duffy? Amazing stuff I'd never seen before. You can probably still get in on the bbc iplayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No..I didn't Joey.. but I'll have a look and see if I can see it :)
    Loving your new cushions...really beautiful and I love the fact you tried to sew peacock feathers onto one. God knows how they did that dress but it is amazing. Any idea who designed that?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...