Saturday, 5 June 2010

RIP Brian Duffy













I remember watching a fabulous documentary called 'The Man who shot the 60's' recently. That man was Brian Duffy who has sadly died. He has left an amazing legacy and photographic history of the swinging 60's. To think that Brian destroyed most of his negatives makes his story even more compelling. Thank heavens his son helped to revive many of his surviving long lost works. There is no point me writing  his story here as it is in all the papers. Go here to read about him.
I don't think any of us will foget his iconic Aladdin Sane cover for David Bowie.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that same programme. it was great. An amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey :) You're the one who told me to watch it ..haha I will always be a fan of his work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...